My professional roles in elementary and middle schools have allowed me the opportunity to experience life in different settings and cultures across the United States. I began my career teaching Kindergarten in rural Illinois. My next adventure was in middle and elementary schools in the Appalachian Mountains of West Virginia.
In my current role, I am the STEM Coordinator at a PK-5th grade school in northern Colorado, where I have the opportunity to collaborate and co-teach weekly lessons with classroom teachers, run our school wide Makerspace, support tech integration, and facilitate staff professional development.
I believe in…
- Building strong relationships with students, families, co-workers, and the community.
- Teaching the whole learner through standards-based, rigorous, and relevant instruction.
- Connecting students with the community to promote career exploration and lifelong learning.
- Technology as a teaching and learning tool that enables students to research, create, collaborate, and communicate.
- Continuous improvement and the reiteration of professional practices to meet the needs of our ever-changing world.